Cathodic Protection for Above Ground Tank Bottoms
Corrosion Control with Zinc Ribbon Anodes
Plattline™ Zinc Ribbon Anodes provide a simple and cost effective method of corrosion control for Above Ground Storage Tank bottoms. The zinc ribbon is self-regulating which means that it will protect the steel tank bottom when the electrolyte (the sand) is conductive (moist) only on demand. When the demand decreases, the zinc ribbon output will decrease as well. No external power source is required.
Plattline™ is a continuous zinc ribbon and simple to install. No special tools are required and there is no need for constant monitoring or maintenance once the system is installed.
- Easy to install. Even distribution of current density. Self-regulating current output.
- Continuous lengths enable a variety of designs.
- Normal design life of 20 years or more.
- Anode configuration is ideal for use in small or limited spaces.
- The Cathodic protection of a pipeline in soil is dependent upon the pH of that soil.